We earn commissions using affiliate links.
Valorant is one of the best first-person shooters you can play right now. With thousands of active players enjoying the game daily, finding a viable lobby to play in is a piece of cake. The problem, however, is when users try to change their region in Valorant.
The game requires you to make an account to play it and locks your account to the region you selected. Once the account is created, you can’t change your region, which means you can’t play on foreign servers. This, for example, prevents you from playing with a friend on another continent.
Today I’ll explain to you how to change your region on Valorant by using a VPN and enjoy playing the game on whichever server you like.
1. Changing Region on Valorant: Important Things to Know
Before I give you my step-by-step tutorial, I need to clarify one vital thing. As said, Valorant locks you to the country you selected when making your account and it doesn’t allow you to change it unless you’re region-locked by mistake.
So, how to change your region on Valorant? Simply put, you’ll need to make a new account in another region, but you need the help of a VPN. Valorant automatically detects your IP address, so when you make a new account, it’ll automatically see your IP, determine your country, and lock you to that region.
However, by using a VPN, you can replace your original IP address with an IP from another country. In doing so, you can make a new Valorant account in the country you selected in the VPN app, and thus, change your Valorant region successfully.
For this purpose, we recommend using high-quality VPNs like NordVPN and ExpressVPN. These providers offer thousands of servers in dozens of countries, which gives you plenty of locations to choose from when considering changing your region in this game.
2. How to Change Region on Valorant 2023 – Full Tutorial
With that disclaimer behind us, let me guide you through the process of changing your region on Valorant by using a VPN. The steps are below, so take a close look.
- Subscribe to a VPN service. Our recommendations include ExpressVPN and NordVPN given their unlimited bandwidth, excellent speeds, and more than 50 countries to pick from (ExpressVPN has 94 countries).
- Install a VPN on your PC. Simply download the setup file, open it, and follow the steps to install a VPN application. This takes no more than a minute, after which, you’re ready to use the app.
- Open the VPN application and sign in by using the credentials provided in Step 1.
- Connect to a VPN server that corresponds to the region you want to get in Valorant. If you want to change your Valorant region to Japan, connect to a Japanese server, for example.
- With a new IP address, Valorant will see you as if you’re located in the country you’ve chosen. Now open Valorant and make a new account with your VPN turned on.
- When making an account, you should be offered to choose a region you are connected to while using a VPN. Confirm that region and follow the steps further to finish creating your account.
- Once your new account is created, click on Play and the game will start.
- You can now play Valorant on servers in your newly-selected region. Enjoy your game!
3. Valorant Regions: Which Servers Can I Play On?
When changing your account region on Valorant, it’s vital to know which regions you can choose. Thankfully, the game offers plenty of servers around the planet, so you have a lot of options.
Keep in mind that, according to many players, the best regions include Southeast Asia, North America, and Western Europe. However, there’s a full list of Valorant servers that you can play on, as stated on its official website – take a look.
- The United States (West, East, Central)
- Europe (Istanbul, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, Warsaw, Paris, Stockholm)
- Hong Kong
- Sao Paulo
- Mexico City
4. Changing Valorant Regions FAQ
4.1 Can I use a free VPN to change my region on Valorant?
Yes, you can use a free VPN but keep in mind that free providers don’t offer as many countries as their paid counterparts. This can result in the inability to choose the region you really want, so you’ll still not achieve the goal of changing to a desired region.
In addition, free providers are very slow, they limit your bandwdith, and won’t allow you to play Valorant limitlessly. Paid VPNs like NordVPN and ExpressVPN are much better, offering no bandwidth limits, 10 Gbps speeds, DDoS protection, and so much more, which enhances gaming even further.
4.2 Valorant isn’t available in my country, what can I do?
Valorant isn’t available in every country. In countries like Syria, Iran, and China, you will have trouble accessing it. In addition, Egypt is known for banning VoIP services, so you can’t talk to your teammates in-game while playing the game in this country.
If you have any of these issues, you can use a VPN to unblock Valorant. Just connect to a server in the country where the game works, download it, and play it normally. Beware that you need to keep the VPN on all the time to conceal your original IP and be able to play it at any time.
4.3 Is using a Valorant VPN legal?
Absolutely. People use a VPN to change their regions on Valorant with no problems. Plus, the game has no special anti-VPN policy on its site, which lets you use it normally without limits.
As long as you’re playing by the rules and you don’t misbehave, insult other players, or abuse a VPN in any way, using it is completely normal and won’t get you banned by Riot Games.
|Visit NordVPN||Visit ExpressVPN|
Learn how to stay safe online in this free 34-page eBook.